Gove County Medical Center Independent Living Apartments
Independent Living is ideal for individuals who can live independently without problems but desire convenient access to help here and there. Independent Living at Gove County Medical Center provides tenants with convenient access to dining, housekeeping, and social activities. Independent Living is designed to enable tenants to live independent lives while also providing them with support.
Independent Living Services
Gove County Medical Center provides tenants the following services, which are included in the monthly rental fee:
- Unfurnished apartment
- Tenants’ choice of 1 meal a day served to tenant in the room. (If the tenant is expecting guests to be served from our kitchen, please give us 24 hours advance notice.)
- Special dietary meals upon order of the tenant’s physician.
- Carpeting and window coverings.
- Kitchen facilities in the apartment include refrigerator, oven, range, and garbage disposal unit.
- Automatic washers and dryers for personal laundry located in each apartment.
- Individually controlled heat and air conditioning in each apartment.
- Gas, electricity, water, and trash service furnished at no charge.
- Cable TV is offered to Tenants. Internet service and upgraded Cable package is Tenant’s financial responsibility.
- Basic housekeeping services will be provided weekly.
- Planned social, recreational, and spiritual activities for those who wish to participate.
- Emergency call system in each apartment.
- Fire detection system including a smoke detector in each apartment.
- Year-round building and grounds maintenance and custodial services.
- Repair and maintenance of the apartment is provided by Gove County Medical Center.
- Off-street parking for tenants and guests.
- Independent Living-dining room may be reserved for special occasions (birthday parties, etc.).
- Public transportation offered to accommodate Tenants needs. The tenant must call and schedule the van for their appointments. Transportation will take them out of town or in town. First come first serve basis. Donations accepted.
- Preferential access to Gove County Medical Center Long Term Care Facility. When Long Term Care beds become available, the Independent Living tenant will be given preference over others on the Long Term Care waiting list.
The following services are available to tenants at an additional charge:
- Additional tenant with a contractual agreement.
- Additional tenant meals available with extra cost.
- Guest meals available upon request.
- Beauty salon and barbershop. Services provided in the LTC by appointment 2 days a week. Payment to the beautician required at the time of service.
- Care Call. (Portable emergency alert system) at the tenant’s request.
- Personal laundry services.
If you would like more information about the Gove County Medical Center Independent Living Apartments please contact Social Services at (785) 754-5141.