Patient and Family Advisory Council
The Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC) was developed in an effort to continue to improve the quality of patient and family care. This council is comprised of patients, families, clinicians, staff, and administrators who serve as a voice for patients and family members and share expertise.
The PFAC meets monthly to:
- Identify local patient and family health care needs and concerns.
- Provide feedback on current systems and processes in the hospital.
- Generate new ideas on how to improve the quality of care experience.
- Discuss opportunities for programs and/or education to benefit patients, family members, and caregivers.
- Help GCMC move towards patient and family-centered care.
- Participate in the planning and development of patient and family satisfaction initiatives and facility restructuring.
If you would like to be a member of GCMC’s Patient and Family Advisory Council, please contact Ericka Nicholson to request an application. Selected applicants will be interviewed by the PFAC Committee, and they will make the final selection for an advisor position.