The Physical Therapy Department at Gove County Medical Center celebrated 26 years of providing services in 2021. The P.T. Department is committed to providing patients the best, personalized care possible.
Physical Therapy Services
- Works effectively in regaining normal return to activities to help patients achieve independence in all facets of their lives. OT aids people in developing the “skills for the job of living.” We added our own Occupational Therapist, Jessica Polzin, who is also contracting with Hoxie and Oakley to provide services.
- Dry Needling was added in August of 2019 which is a self-pay rate service. Dry needling is a skilled intervention that uses a thin filiform needle to penetrate the skin and stimulate underlying myofascial trigger points, muscular, and connective tissues for the management of neuromusculoskeletal pain and movement impairments. Becci Baker was certified in 2019 and is now able to offer this procedure.
- Works to enhance communication via expression of ideas. Language is the means by which communication is achieved. Speech is also involved in helping patients work with the texture and thickness of food to help improve or prevent swallowing difficulties.
- Our cancer therapy service began in mid-summer 2016. After sending two staff members to the Rocky Cancer Center in Colorado, we have been able to offer this service self-pay. Insurance is not yet covering this service, but there is work being done in congress to help with this service. However, due to charity fundraisers, this service is currently able to be offered free of charge to patients.
Complete Decongestive Therapy (CDT)
- Objectives of treatment are to reduce swelling and prepare the patient for a return to normal daily living. We hope to improve the quality of life for patients and assist in their ability to manage their symptoms independently.
Therapy Pool (Aquatic Therapy)
- Our therapy pool offers our patients a quicker recovery with a faster start to therapy in the aquatic environment for post-surgical patients. The buoyancy of the pool will also provide a low impact workout. Aqua therapy is intended for initial use following surgery with progression to land-based therapy; however, multiple diagnoses do qualify for aquatic treatments.
- Physical Therapists
- Physical Therapist Assistants
- Occupational Therapists
- Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Speech-Language Pathologists
- Endurance activities
- Pain management
- Wound care
Physical Therapy Staff
Our staff consists of highly qualified professionals from a variety of health care fields. Our specialists include:
Patients work with clinicians with specific knowledge and skills to best treat their individual injuries and disorders.
Physical Therapy Specializes In
Treatment may begin before surgery to gain range of motion and strength and definitely post-surgery for range, strength, and pain management.